Steak Fajita Grilled Cheese
- 8 slices Mrs Baird’s® Small Butter Wheat Bread
- 16-ounce flank steak
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 large bell peppers
- 12 ounces Oaxaca cheese, pulled apart
- To marinate the steak, add meat to plastic bag. Add olive oil, garlic, ground cumin, chili powder, onion powder, paprika, and salt to the bag and seal. Refrigerate and allow the meat to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- To heat the grill, turn burners on high to bring the temperature to 450˚F. Once steak has marinated, place it on the grill. Let the steak cook for about 4 minutes, then flip. Cook the steak another 4 minutes or until it reaches desired doneness. Remove the steak and allow to rest for 10 minutes then slice.
- Brush slices of bread with extra olive oil. Place bread slices on the grill and allow to cook, at least 2 minutes, flipping to keep from charring. Remove bread from the grill and plate.
- Heat pan over medium high heat and drizzle with extra olive oil. Add onion and peppers and cook for 3-4 minutes. Toss the peppers and allow to fry until they are charred enough, then remove from heat.
- Build sandwich by layering peppers, onions, steak slices, and Oaxaca cheese. Return sandwich to grill and warm until cheese melts.