4 slices Mrs Baird’s® Buttered Split Top Wheat bread, lightly toasted and cut into 16 triangles
1 (12-ounce) can of black eyed peas
1 (12-ounce) can of black beans
2 ears of roasted corn
¼ cup seeded and diced jalapeños
½ cup diced red bell pepper
½ onion, diced
1 large tomato, seeded and diced
½ cup cilantro, chopped
4 large limes, juiced
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
2 teaspoons salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
¼ cup olive oil
- Mix the first eight ingredients together in a bowl.
- Place the next five ingredients in a smaller bowl or blender and mix while adding the olive oil.
- Drizzle this mix over the black bean mixture.
- Taste and season accordingly.
- Add a spoonful to each triangle of toast and serve.